I’m not really a professional cook, I just like working in the kitchen and preparing food my family enjoys. 🙂 I know this dish isn’t new, but allow me to share the method I use to make it (I don’t promise it to be original). This red sinigang is a nice twist to your usual sinigang, especially if you or your family tend to get tired of the same old formula. 😉
Red Sinigang (serves 3-4)
- 1/4 kilo pork kasim, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups kangkong or camote tops
- 1 cup okra, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sitaw, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 packet sinigang mix (or how much is good for 1 liter)
- Combine pork, water, onion, patis, and tomato sauce in a pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer until pork is tender.
- Add okra and sitaw. Simmer until the veggies are cooked.
- Stir in kangkong or camote tops and sinigang mix. Simmer until the leaves are wilted.
- Serve hot with rice. 🙂
You can opt to add in other veggies, whatever you like in your sinigang. These are just what my family usually eats.
Have you cooked red sinigang before? Let me know in the comments if you use the same recipe! 🙂